First, I’d like to say thanks so much to Amber and Jessica over at The Book Bratz for nominating me for this award! You guys are great, never stop being awesome 🙂
The rules for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
- Post the award’s logo onto your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions you’ve been asked.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions.
Here are my answers to the 10 questions I was tagged with!
1. One book character you wish had their own series?
OH GOSH, I was just thinking about this last week! I would say Robin Goodfellow (Puck) from The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. He is absolutely hilarious and perfect in every single possible way- I’m totally in love (oops).
2. What was your rating on the last book you completely finished and why?
I didn’t post a review for it, but the last book I gave a rating for on Goodreads was Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. If Goodreads allowed us to give ratings with 0.5 in them, I would choose to give it a 3.5 rating. I was totally addicted to it, and while the writing quality wasn’t the best I would say…. you know what? Screw this, I liked it because of Daemon. There, I said it. DAEMON. That is all. Oh, also the protagonist is a book blogger, so bonus points to Jennifer for that.
3. One book that you had to read for English class that you actually enjoyed?
Two years ago, when I was in sophomore year of high school, I had to read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak as a summer reading assignment. That book is the only book I’ve ever read that’s left me actually sobbing- not sniffling or eyes tearing up, actual SOBBING. I’m not sure that qualifies as “enjoying” a book, but I thought it was really good!
4. One genre you just can’t get into?
I really dislike contemporary fiction. I know there are so many good books out there that fall under this category, but I just can’t get into a book that has no action or magic or something crazy going on in it. Sorry TFIOS fans!
5. Favorite part about being a book blogger? Least favorite part?
I love how book blogging gives me a way to express my thoughts and emotions on books. I’m pretty sure if I couldn’t release the pent up emotion somehow, I’d go crazy. Also, I’m slowly getting to meet other bloggers, and meeting other booknerds makes me so happy. I think my least favorite part is that I can’t post as often as I’d like to due to large amounts of school-work and other responsibilities.
6. Are you a book pusher?
Hehe…me? Nooo *cough*…
Oh, who am I kidding? Heck yeah! I can’t count how many of my friends I tried to force to read Shatter Me. I just think that if I enjoyed a book, it’s my responsibility as a booknerd to spread that love to other people. I tend to back off after my friends refuse the first time, though.
7. Can you read with tons of distractions around or must it be quiet?
It depends. If I’m just starting a book off or I’m not too into it, then too much noise can make it nearly impossible for me to read. If I’m really into a book, on the other hand, no amount of noise can distract me. I prefer to read in a quiet space because it’s more relaxing, though.
8. Favorite food to much on while reading/blogging?
Nice warm chocolate chip cookies, fresh out of the oven. Mmmm. I have to be careful of that gooey chocolate getting on the pages, though!
9. What book are you currently looking forward to?
The next book of the Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole. It’s titled Dead of Winter, and it comes out in January 2015 *squeal*!
10. What was the first book you ever added to Goodreads?
The Hunger Games!
Now I get to nominate some fellow booknerds (I know this list doesn’t contain 10; I just don’t know that many bloggers yet- sorry):
3. The ladies over at The Book Hookup
And here are my 10 questions for these lovely bloggers:
1. What is one book you’ve read that gave you a major book hangover and left you unable to “even”?
2. Do you prefer paperback books or hardcover books?
3. If you were to write a book, what genre would it be in?
4. What is a book turn-off for you (as in, something that you absolutely hate to see in a book)?
5. How many books do you typically buy a month?
6. Describe the perfect book boyfriend.
7. Name a book that you expected to hate but ended up enjoying.
8. Why did you start your book blog?
9. If you owned a book store, what would you call it?
10. Where is your favorite place to read?
Can’t wait to see your responses, bloggers! Feel free to link to your post in the comments section 🙂
Thanks again for the nomination, ladies!