Occasionally, I read some books that have really good or powerful quotes that I think are worth highlighting or putting a sticky tab on. I figure now that I have a blog, it would be fun to make edits of these quotes on pixlr and post them on here. So here are some of my favorite quotes from The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno!
1. “You can’t decide how much you love people. It just happens. If you have to think about it, then it’s not really real.”
-I think I like this quote so much because you don’t have to look at it in a romantic way for it to be meaningful. I can relate to it and connect with it because I’ve been in situations where I felt forced to love people or have strong connections with them and it just didn’t feel “real”.
2. “I’m living disjointed. I’m living in bits.”
-I just think that this quote is beautiful in the way that it portrays how life can be a struggle for some people.
3. “I’m not sure what I liked better. Being in the dark or being thrust-without warning- into the light.”
-This quote speaks to what we know to be “blissful ignorance”, that wonderful happiness that comes as a result of not knowing the complete truth about something.
4. “The people we love get under our skin and crawl through our veins and find their way into our heart…We remember them even when we don’t remember them. We try and forget but it’s pointless. Even amnesia. Even comas and brain damage and traumatic shock. Whatever makes us not remember, we still remember. Our minds flounder like fish but our bodies… Our bodies remember.”
-This is one of those quotes that I just think is beautiful but I can’t really pinpoint an exact reason as to why.
5. “He said, ‘Do you sometimes feel hopeless?’ ‘Do you sometimes feel lost?’ ‘Do you sometimes feel like it’s not worth it? None of it? Nothing at all?’ I said- yes. Yes to all of the above. Yes to everything. Yes, yes, yes.”
-I like this quote because I can feel how powerful it really is, and I recognize that many people actually feel like this or have felt like this at one point in their lives.
6. “You deserve to be whole. You deserve to remember. And you deserve to live.”
-Lastly, I like this quote because I feel that it is empowering and contains a strong message that should be told to everyone. No one should forget that their life is valuable, and every person deserves to be happy.
Do you have any favorite quotes from a book you’ve read recently? Share in the comments section!