A big thank you to Morrisa for nominating me for this award!
Here are the rules:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
- Tell us 11 facts about you
- Answer the questions set up for you
- Nominate 11 people and make questions for them
11 Facts about me:
- In the future I would like to become a clinical psychologist so that I can help people who suffer from mental illnesses (particularly children and adolescents).
- I recently started writing a book, but it’s such a hard process and figuring out where to go with what I have so far is a huge challenge. I never realized how much went into writing a fight scene (you think you know how fighting works until you actually have to write how it’s done).
- I like to draw. I’m not amazing at it, but it relaxes me and I think I’m getting better at it.
- I lived in a small town called Bethel in Alaska for four years of my life (from 2nd until 6th grade).
- Chocolate is my kryptonite.
- I regularly wish that I had the ability to fly.
- I have a severe case of wanderlust, and I dream of being able to go from place to place while experiencing different cultures and meeting new people.
- I’m a huge Twenty One Pilots fan.
- I love the nighttime- there’s something really beautiful about its darkness and its mysterious nature.
- I’ve always wanted to go ziplining but have never gotten the chance.
- I love driving down an empty road with the my window rolled down, the sun in my face, and my music playing.
What was the first book/series that got you into the book community?
I was a pretty avid reader in elementary school, but what really got me into books (especially young adult books) was The Hunger Games when I was in the ninth grade.
Where’s your favorite place to go to find peace and quiet/have some time to yourself?
My room. Sorry, that’s a pretty basic answer haha.
What’s your favorite TV show(s)?
OMG- I just got into this new futuristic fantasy show on MTV called the Shannara Chronicles, and I’m loving it so far. I highly recommend it 🙂 As for other shows- I tried to watch Teen Wolf, and I made it all the way to season 4 and then I just got bored of it. Oh, and Parks and Recreation is hilarious!
Favorite ice cream flavor?
I’m not a huge ice cream fan, but my favorite is Häagen-Dazs’ Belgian chocolate. It has these little bits of chocolate in it, and it’s absolutely delicious.
Who’s your favorite author or favorite book / series?
This is such a hard question! I guess the way I’ll pick is by asking myself “Which author would I cry tears of joy for if I found out that they’re coming out with a new book?” That would be Tahereh Mafi, Sarah J Maas, and Leigh Bardugo.
If a genie came to you and gave you three wishes, what would you wish for? (More wishes is NOT allowed!)
- I would ask for the ability to physically transport myself in and out of the worlds that are in books.
- I would wish that I could eat anything I wanted (as much as I wanted) without gaining weight.
- A cure for my dad’s neurosarcoidosis.
If someone told you that they could tell you the exact time and date of your death, would you let them tell you?
Nope. I’ll admit that I do wonder if I’ll have a long life- if I’ll live long enough to have kids or grand kids of my own, or if I’m just going to die tomorrow- but I think having that kind of knowledge would be more of a burden than anything else.
Cats or dogs?
I have a fear of any non-human living creature, so neither would probably be my answer. Although, I think I could warm up to a cat. Dogs, on the other hand, NO WAY.
What’s the weirdest thing that’s ever happened to you?
I don’t really have an answer for this one. Nothing particularly weird comes to my mind at the moment, sorry!
Something you remember from your childhood that makes you smile?
When I was in the fifth grade there was a boy in my class who I had a huge crush on. For some dumb reason, us middle schoolers would always send each other chain emails during our computer class that said something like “pass this on to all your friends” at the end. So one day I got gutsy and added my crush’s name to the list of people that I passed an email on to. At the end of the day, he was talking to me in class and he was blushing and refusing to make eye contact with me (which I thought was weird because we were used to joking around and making fun of each other), and then he says “so I got your email…are we friends then?”. I was really nonchalant, and just said “yeah” and then there was some awkward silence and he said “ok”. The reason this memory brings a smile to my face is because I realize now that he probably had a crush on me too, which didn’t occur to me at the time.
Okay, so that’s my life story. Now comes the part where I get to ask some questions!
1. What is one of your guilty pleasure reads?
2. What is the best gift that you’ve ever received or given?
3. What would be your idea of the “perfect summer day”?
4. If you were offered the opportunity to leave behind your current life and become a prince or princess à la the Princess Diaries, would you take it?
5. What is your favorite dessert?
6. If you had to pick a country to live in (besides the one you’re in right now), which country would you choose?
7. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
8. If you could redo the last five years of your life but still hold onto the memories that you’ve already gained during those years, would you do it?
9. What is one of your biggest fears?
10. What is something in your life that you feel proud of?
11. What is something that you are hoping to accomplish in 2016?
And I nominate these people (who are in no way obligated to participate if they don’t feel like it):
Kelly from Live, Love, Read
Dawn from Bang Bang Books
Angel from Avid Reader
Eden from Blogging Between the Lines
Kas from Inertial Confinement
Nat from Science, Books and Silly Things
Andrew from Endlessly Reading
Thanks for reading!